1. The Philippine Nationwide Cosplay Competition Preliminary Event is open to all pre-registered contestants and will happen on August 14, 2010 at these participating SM malls:
SM Cagayan de Oro
SM North Edsa
2. The cosplay contest would be an individual and/or group cosplay presentation contest. There is no maximum limit to the number of members per group.
3. Each cosplayer/group will be given a maximum of 30 seconds for their presentation.
4. Individual cosplayers and/or one (1) representative per group is required to pre-register before the event. To pre-register, please visit http://www.flippish.com and click on the Cyberzone Cosplay banner; or type www.flippish.com/cyberzonecosplay in web browser, to access contest registration form.
The following information will be included in the pre-registration form:
First and last name
Date of birth
Character to cosplay
Preferred SM Mall to compete in
The deadline for pre-registration is August 11, 2010. Contestants must
submit a picture along with registration form. Walk-in contestants are NOT
allowed in the contest.
5. Cosplayers below the age of 18 must be pre-registered under a legal guardian.
6. Once pre-registered, contestants will receive a confirmation email, which they must print out and present, as it will serve as their entry form on the date of the event. This letter will include the date and time of the event, as well as the mall they will be registered in.
7. Extreme kind of fanservice (ie. kissing, PDA, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate for minors is strictly prohibited.
8. Costumes must not be too revealing, gory, messy or obstructive. Real weapons and harmful props are prohibited. The Philippine Nationwide Cosplay Competition team has the right to disqualify any contestants who ignore and/or violate any of the aforementioned guidelines.
9. The team, event organizers and its staff will not be held responsible for damage or injury resulting from mishandling and/or negligence of a cosplayer in his/her use of props/materials throughout the duration of the event.
10. On date of event, each contestant must submit the printed out confirmation email to registration table, to receive his/her contestant number. Group cosplayers must fill up additional registration form to enumerate members of the group.
11. Once registration has closed, the list of participants and judging criteria sheet will be provided for the judges.
12. There will be a total of 3 judges per Mall. Criteria for judging is as follows:
30% Accuracy of character portrayed
30% Craftsmanship of costume
30% Over-all presentation
10% Audience impact
The judges’ decision is final and cannot be appealed.
13. After all contestants and groups have been presented, the judges will be given time to tally the scores.
14. There will be a total of three (3) winners in both the individual and group cosplay categories. Only the first placer(s) in each category will compete in the Finals to be held on August 28, 2010 simultaneously at SM North Edsa and SM Davao via live satellite feed.